Table of Contents
- Dedicated Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fight for Justice Against Negligent Medical Professionals in Broward County and South Florida
- Examples of Medical Malpractice in Hollywood, Florida
- Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyers Advocate for Clients’ Rights Throughout the Entire Legal Process of Recovery
- Available compensation in a Hollywood, Florida Medical Malpractice Case
- Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with Our Skilled Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Areas Nearby:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Malpractice Claims in Hollywood, Florida
Dedicated Medical Malpractice Lawyers Fight for Justice Against Negligent Medical Professionals in Broward County and South Florida
Some studies show that medical malpractice causes more deaths in the United States each year than car accidents—and while this statistic alone is shocking, this does not even account for the millions of malpractice victims who suffer from the consequences of medical malpractice in their everyday lives for the rest of their lives. Negligent medical care can worsen an existing condition, create the need for painful and unnecessary treatment or even leave victims suffering from new and painful conditions that can last a lifetime. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Hollywood medical malpractice lawyers want to keep Hollywood and the surrounding South Florida communities safe from negligent doctors and medical professionals.
At some point, all of us will have to rely upon the skills and knowledge of our doctors—without formal medical training, we really have no alternative than to trust that our doctors will take their professional duties seriously and provide the best care possible. When doctors fail in this duty, we feel a responsibility to help you hold them accountable for that failure, both to make sure you receive the financial compensation that you deserve and to keep others safe from suffering similar consequences.
Examples of Medical Malpractice in Hollywood, Florida
Not every bad outcome in medicine occurs because of medical malpractice—the medical professional’s actions must fail to satisfy the relevant standards of care developed by the medical community in order to proceed with a valid medical malpractice case. Every medical malpractice case is unique, and our lawyers have decades’ worth of experience successfully helping clients recovering compensation for medical malpractice in Hollywood, including in cases involving:
- Hollywood Medication and Prescription Drug Error Lawyers,
- Hollywood Anesthesia Error Lawyers,
- Hollywood Failure to obtain proper patient consent,
- Hollywood Failure to communicate all of the relevant risks and information to the patient,
- Hollywood Surgical Error Lawyers,
- Hollywood Delayed cancer Diagnosis Lawyers,
- Hollywood Misdiagnosis Lawyers,
- Hollywood Birth injuries and delayed C-section cases,
- Hollywood Emergency Room Error Lawyers,
- Hollywood Radiology Error Lawyers,
- And more.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyers Advocate for Clients’ Rights Throughout the Entire Legal Process of Recovery
Once we have met with you and reviewed the facts of your case and determined that you have a valid claim for medical malpractice under Florida’s legal requirements, we will handle every aspect of the fight to get justice in your case, including:
- Taking all necessary steps to preserve every piece of relevant evidence in your case, including doctor’s notes, test results, prescription drug records, admission and discharge records, as well as any available witness testimony,
- Reviewing your medical records and consulting with medical experts to build a strong case for recovering compensation,
- Completing and delivering all affidavits and necessary paperwork to proceed with your case,
- Keeping you apprised of every aspect of your case progress,
- Preparing a demand package and attempting to negotiate with the malpractice insurance companies and defense lawyers,
- Taking all steps to prepare for trial if necessary.
Settlement / Misdiagnosed Lung Cancer
Verdict / Misdiagnosed Adrenal Cortical Cancer
ARBITRATION AWARD WITH PRE-TRAIL SETTLEMENT / COMPLEX REGIONAL PAIN SYNDROME
Available compensation in a Hollywood, Florida Medical Malpractice Case
Three primary types of compensation may be available once we have successfully established that the doctor, hospital or medical professional committed medical malpractice, including:
- Economic damages. Economic damages in a medical malpractice case involve quantifiable amounts to make you whole again—or as whole as possible under the circumstances. These include medical expenses, rehabilitative care, prescription drug costs, lost wages, lost earning capacity and any ongoing costs caused by the malpractice.
- Non-economic damages. Non-economic damages include damages for pain and suffering and any emotional damage caused by the malpractice.
- Punitive damages. Punitive damages are specifically designed to punish the person who committed malpractice and are only available in Florida medical malpractice cases where the person’s actions were especially unconscionable so that the malpractice accounted to gross negligence.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with Our Skilled Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Our personal injury lawyers provide a free initial consultation to all of our potential clients so that you can explain what happened in your case and we can begin to get a sense of whether you were harmed because of actions that amount to medical malpractice. If you suspect that you have been the victim of medical malpractice in Hollywood or elsewhere in South Florida, schedule your consultation today so that we can begin evaluating your case. You can call us, or fill out this brief online contact form and a Hollywood medical negligence attorney will respond promptly.
- Fort Lauderdale Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Hollywood Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Miramar Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Plantation Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Malpractice Claims in Hollywood, Florida
How long do I have to file a medical malpractice claim in Florida?
While it is important to begin preparing any personal injury case as soon as possible in order to preserve all relevant evidence to make the strongest possible case, time is especially critical in medical malpractice cases. Because of perceived abuses in the system, and to prevent frivolous lawsuits, the Florida legislature has created strict timelines that apply in medical malpractice cases. For example, we only have a two-year period from the date that you knew of the medical malpractice, or should have known of the malpractice, in order to have your case evaluated by other medical experts and prepare and serve an affidavit to this effect on the allegedly negligent doctor who caused you harm. Even if you do not discover the malpractice for years, Florida law places a firm time limit of four years on your ability to file a medical malpractice case. This may seem like a lot of time, but medical malpractice cases can be extremely complicated and do, by their nature, take time.
Florida never capped the amount of economic damages that could be recovered in a medical malpractice case but did previously cap the amount of non-economic (i.e., pain and suffering) damages available at $500,000 in most cases. However, the Florida Supreme Court recently struck down this cap as unconstitutional, so the cap no longer applies unless additional actions are taken to reinstate the cap.