Attorneys Lawlor, White & Murphey Successfully Represent Clients in All Types of Personal Injury Cases in Fort Lauderdale and Throughout Florida
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our skilled team of accident lawyers has successfully represented hundreds of clients who have been injured through no fault of their own and are committed to making our clients’ fight for compensation our own. We have experience successfully representing clients in all types of Personal Injury cases, including:
- Bad faith insurance. Most people think that their insurance company is looking out for their best interests, but in reality, insurers are businesses that often care more about their bottom line than they do about you.
- Bicycle accidents. Often, bike accidents occur because of the illegal, dangerous or careless actions of a driver. Bicyclists have every legal right to share the roadways safely with drivers of motor vehicles in South Florida, and you have the right to seek compensation for often-devastating bicycle accident injuries with the help of our experienced bike accident lawyers.
- Birth injuries. While birth injuries can impact your child in any number of ways, one thing is certain—when the injury was caused by the careless or reckless actions of a medical professional or other third party, you deserve to be fully compensated for any adverse impact that the injury may have on your child’s future. Some common birth injury cases we handle include:
- Boating accidents. Florida is home to more boats than anywhere else in the country. While our year-round temperate weather attracts boaters from around the world, unfortunately, Florida also experiences the highest rate of boating accidents. Often, this is because people decide to drive a boat without fully understanding how to properly operate the vehicle on the water.
- Brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can prevent people from being able to work or even engage in normal activities of daily life. Many of these injuries are even life-threatening. If you or someone you love has suffered a serious traumatic brain injury due to another person’s negligence, call our experienced lawyers today to get the help you need to move forward.
- Bus Accidents. While most bus passengers arrive safely to their destinations without incident, when a bus or school bus accident does occur, the injuries that result can be severe.
- Car accidents. People allow themselves to get distracted. They drink before getting behind the wheel. They behave recklessly. There are a wide variety of ways that someone can cause a car accident that does serious harm to you, and it is imperative that you hold them accountable.
- Child accidents & injuries. Children are vulnerable in many different ways, and when they are hurt because of an action that someone else took—or failed to take—you have the right to do everything in your power to protect them and make sure nothing like this happens again.
- Cruise injury & maritime. To say that maritime law is particularly complex is an understatement—in fact, many people don’t even realize that specific laws govern accidents that occur on the water. It is unfortunate that this area of law is so poorly understood, especially because it can impact so many Floridians. With 1,197 miles of coastline, 922,597 registered boats and an estimated $12 billion economic contribution from the boating industry in 2019 (and growing), the ocean is essential to many Floridians’ lives.
- Defective products. Dangerous, poorly made products lead to injury for thousands of U.S. citizens every year. In the past, these products have made it through the responsible company’s supply chain onto the shelves of stores and into our homes. Corporations have a duty to use reasonable care when designing, manufacturing and inspecting their products, and must be held financially accountable when they allow unreasonably and unexpectedly dangerous products to come into the hands of consumers.
- Distracted driving accidents. It comes as a surprise to many that the number one cause of Florida auto accidents isn’t drunk driving—it’s distracted driving. Modern technology adds many conveniences to our daily lives, but also regularly distracts drivers on the roadways, who can cause serious accidents in a split second by taking their eyes off the road and their hands off the wheel.
- Dog bite injuries. While a dog can’t be held responsible for its behavior, the owner certainly can. If an owner fails to properly train and control their animal, they not only do the dog a disservice, but also put everyone around them at risk, and may be liable for resulting injuries.
- DUI accidents. Intoxicated drivers aren’t just a threat to themselves. They pose a danger to everyone around them, from drivers to pedestrians to bicyclists. Entirely preventable DUI accidents are all too common in Florida, where drunk driving fatalities account for nearly 30 percent of total traffic deaths every year.
- Hurricane and property damage claims. Insurers often try to claim that damage suffered during a hurricane was preexisting or actually related to something else that isn’t covered by your policy—long-time Florida residents know that your homeowner’s insurance company will often claim that flood damage is only covered by a flood insurance policy, and the flood insurance company will try to blame the damage on wind—don’t let these tactics negatively impact your family’s future. We fight for fair and just compensation for all hurricane victims.
- Legal malpractice. Lawyers and financial professionals all have a legal duty of care to all of their clients. If they fail to follow the very specific rules of their profession and it causes you harm, they need to be taken to task and held financially accountable for their actions.
- Medical malpractice. Medical malpractice and medical negligence cause serious injuries to trusting patients every day. When a doctor, hospital or other medical professional fails to follow the generally accepted medical standards with respect to a given treatment plan, they can be held financially accountable for the resulting harm. Every medical malpractice case is unique, and our lawyers have decades’ worth of experience successfully helping clients recovering compensation for medical malpractice in Hollywood, including in cases involving:
- Motorcycle accidents. Unlike drivers of traditional cars, motorcyclists aren’t protected by things like seat belts, windshields, and doors. If someone hits your motorcycle, the resulting injuries are almost always serious. Don’t let an accident ruin your life. Our lawyers understand the stigma that sometimes attaches in motorcycle accidents, and are committing to protecting motorcyclists fair right to share the Florida roadways.
- Motor vehicle accidents. South Florida roads and highways are incredibly busy thoroughfares full of people trying to get from point A to point B. This doesn’t give anyone the right to drive while distracted, drink before getting behind the wheel or otherwise drive in a reckless or careless manner that puts others at risk.
- Negligent security. When property and business owners cut corners on security measures and personnel, they leave their clients vulnerable to criminal attacks. Whether it’s in a parking lot, a senior living facility or at an ATM, negligent commercial entities who fail to provide their patrons with security must be brought to justice.
- Pedestrian accidents. Florida roads are built for cars, not people. That’s probably why our state has some of the highest numbers of pedestrian injuries and fatalities in this country. If you want to make things better for everyone, it’s important to fight back and hold dangerous drivers accountable for the injuries they cause to pedestrians.
- Premises liability. Property owners have a legal duty to keep their property reasonably safe for invited guests and customers—especially if the property owner expects to make a profit from your presence on the property. If you sustain injuries because the property owner failed to maintain their property safely, you may be entitled to compensation.
- Prescription drug liability. Despite heavy backlash, major pharmaceutical companies often push untested and dangerous prescription drugs on the market. The side effects of these drugs can range from mildly annoying to harmful, and even fatal. If you have suffered the harmful consequences of a dangerous prescription drug, strike back against the wrongdoings of these huge corporations today and make sure that no one else is harmed the way you were.
- Public adjusters assistance. You buy insurance for your property because you want to make sure that it’s protected in the event of an unexpected emergency and deserve to be rightfully compensated by your insurance company. Fires, burst pipes, and mold can all cause significant damage to your property—as can, of course, every Floridian’s worst nightmare, a hurricane that tears through everything in your life and leaves you without anywhere to go.
- Seminole Indian Hotel & Casino Accidents. A person who is injured at one of the Seminole Tribe’s facilities where certain types of games are played, like the Seminole Indian Hotel & Casino, can make a claim against the tribe—provided that person was at the facility for the purposes of gambling.
- Slip-and-fall accidents. No matter how graceful we like to think that we are, we’ve all tripped before, and most of us have fallen flat on our faces at one time or another. If it was a minor fall, you might just have picked yourself up and laughed the incident off, but if the fall was more serious and caused injuries, it can be difficult to move on.
- Swimming pool accidents. Swimming pools help South Floridians beat the heat—but they are also the site of thousands of slips, falls and drowning accidents every year. Whether the pool is owned privately or publicly, the owners have a legal responsibility to take necessary precautions to prevent the worst-case scenarios. If they fail to do so, they should be held accountable.
- Taxi Accidents. As with any other type of motor vehicle accident, taxi accidents can result in extensive injuries that require expensive treatment protocols.
- Truck accidents. If you’re lucky enough to survive an accident with a semi or big rig, you’ll quickly discover that trucking companies will do whatever they can to avoid giving you the compensation you need to recover. You need someone on your side who knows how to hold them accountable.
- Uber & Lyft Accidents. Uber and Lyft have added a valuable new transportation option for Florida residents, but Uber and Lyft drivers are only human, and accidents happen. These accidents present added complexities in determining whose insurance company should be held responsible when you were injured in an accident involving Uber or Lyft, and our attorneys are up-to-date on the evolving laws in this area.
- Wrongful death. No one can bring back your loved one, but by holding the responsible parties accountable, you may be able to help yourself find closure and keep anyone else from having to suffer through the same pain as you.
South Florida Car Accident Attorneys Lawlor, White & Murphey Offer a Free Initial Consultation for Every Client
Our office is located in Fort Lauderdale, but we are also able to meet with you at home or in the hospital. We serve clients in Broward County, Dade County, Palm Beach County, Martin County, Saint Lucie County, Collier County, Lee County, Charlotte County, Sarasota County, and throughout the entire state of Florida. Contact our offices at 954-525-2345, or toll-free at 855-347-5475, to schedule a free initial consultation today.