Table of Contents
- Experienced St. Lucie County Car Accident Lawyers Getting You The Justice You Deserve
- Experienced Car Accident Lawyers Fighting for the Residents of Port St. Lucie, Florida
- Car Accident Cases We Handle in Port St. Lucie, FL
- What To Do If You’re Rear-Ended By An Unlicensed Driver?
- What to do After a Car Accident
- Contact the Experienced Port St. Lucie, FL Car Accident Lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey Today
- Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Areas Nearby in Palm Beach County:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents in Port St. Lucie, FL
Experienced St. Lucie County Car Accident Lawyers Getting You The Justice You Deserve
When you’re the victim of a car accident, the last thing you need is more confusion and uncertainty. You need a team of experienced Port St. Lucie car accident lawyers who you can trust. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, we are here for you, fighting for you every step of the way.
We know that every case is different and we never take a cookie-cutter approach when working with our clients. We take the time to analyze your unique situation while customizing a legal strategy that works best for you.
Once we meet with you during one of our free consultations, and if you decide to hire us, we’ll use proven legal strategies to make you whole again and work to hold the negligent driver accountable.
Experienced Car Accident Lawyers Fighting for the Residents of Port St. Lucie, Florida
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), there were 2,915 fatal crashes based on 2019 statistics, with, unfortunately, Florida coming in as the tenth state on the list where accidents have occurred.
Serving the residents of Port St. Lucie, Florida, and getting them justice throughout the years, our team has the experience to handle even the worst-case scenarios.
In fighting for the residents of Port St. Lucie, Florida, our commitment to the community spans over twenty years since the time of our founding in 1998. With 25 years of experience, our attorneys go up against the biggest insurance companies that will try to settle your case for little or nothing. When working on your case, we’ll fight hard to protect your interest and the interest of your loved ones. We’ll also work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve while helping you to recover any damages.
Car Accident Cases We Handle in Port St. Lucie, FL
Our firm is represented by eight staff attorneys with extensive experience in car accident cases. We also provide a qualified team of paralegals, clerks, and administrative personnel to assist in your legal claims. Our firm has successfully handled hundreds of car accident cases, including those caused by:
- Driver error
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or drug-impaired driving
- Driver fatigue
- Manufacturing defects in the vehicle
- Road hazards or improperly marked roadways
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
What To Do If You’re Rear-Ended By An Unlicensed Driver?
You’re on the road coming home after a long day’s work and out of nowhere, you’re rear-ended by another driver. Luckily, you’re able to compose yourself after the accident. You exit your vehicle to talk with the other driver in order to exchange information.
During the ordeal, you immediately contact the police who arrive at the scene of the accident. Upon further investigation, the police officer learns that the other driver has no license as it has been previously suspended.
The driver who hit you is whisked away and taken to the police station where he’s arrested for driving without a license. Meantime, you’re escorted by ambulance and taken to the hospital where medical professionals can further evaluate your situation.
Believe it or not, the scenario above isn’t unusual. In fact, according to research
by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, in a study entitled, Unlicensed to Kill, available at www.aaafoundation.org/reports, the foundation found that unlicensed drivers are involved in fatal car accidents at a higher rate than licensed drivers.
Having a driver’s license is a privilege aimed at keeping everyone on the roads safe and it’s no surprise that unlicensed drivers are causing a significant amount of car accidents as one offense can easily lead to another.
Driving without the proper license is a serious matter which can result in the offender facing the legal consequences that follow, but for the driver who’s hit, the consequences might be even greater.
You may be wondering why a person would drive without a license anyway. This may occur because their license has been either suspended or revoked. There are differences between the two and you can find out more about the differences between a suspended and revoked license here: https://www.findlaw.com/traffic/drivers-license-vehicle-info/drivers-license-laws.html
For the innocent driver, it’s like a double whammy when you’ve been rear-ended by an unlicensed driver. First, if the fact that you’ve been rear-ended isn’t bad enough, you then learn that the person who hit you wasn’t legally supposed to be on the roadways under any circumstances.
Based on the study conducted by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety in the year 2000, 20 percent of all automobile accidents were caused by people who were driving without a valid license. That’s a substantial number of unlicensed drivers to contend with and you want to be prepared if this happens to you.
What to do After a Car Accident
You want to take certain precautions immediately following a car accident and have a well-thought-out plan. Here are some tips to remember:
1. You’ve just experienced a shocking event so gather yourself and take a moment to compose yourself before moving forward. If you are not badly injured, exit your car if you’re able to do so safely.
2. After you exit your vehicle, exchange information with the other driver. Even if the other driver is unlicensed, they may still have insurance and you want to be sure to obtain this information if at all possible.
3. Contact the police to make a report. This may become relevant later on if you decide to sue the other driver, so intervention by the police will be important.
4. Be sure to report the accident with your own insurance company, but avoid speaking with the other driver’s insurance company without representation by Port St. Lucie car accident lawyers since the insurance company may try to hold statements against you.
5. Consider hiring a lawyer so that you are properly represented.
Contact the Experienced Port St. Lucie, FL Car Accident Lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey Today
How Can We Help You?
The Port St. Lucie car crash attorneys at the law firm of Lawlor, White & Murphey are standing by and are ready to help. We’ll use our years of personal injury experience to protect your best interest and the best interest of your loved ones.
We offer a free consultation. During that time, we’ll learn more about your circumstances.
Complete our quick and easy contact form and someone will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your situation. You can also chat with us online or learn more by contacting us any time.
Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Coconut Creek Car Accident Lawyers
- Cooper City Car Accident Lawyers
- Coral Springs Car Accident Lawyers
- Dania Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Davie Car Accident Lawyers
- Deerfield Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
- Lauderdale Lakes Car Accident Lawyers
- Margate Car Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Car Accident Lawyers
- Oakland Park Car Accident Lawyers
- Parkland Car Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Car Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Car Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Sunrise Car Accident Lawyers
- Tamarac Car Accident Lawyers
- Weston Car Accident Lawyers
Areas Nearby in Palm Beach County:
- Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers
- Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents in Port St. Lucie, FL
What should I do if I’m in a car accident in Florida?
Why should I hire an attorney quickly after a car accident?
What types of car accident cases does your firm handle?
What are some things your law firm will do for victims of car accidents that others might not?
Will your law firm help with the insurance company after a car accident?
What resources does the firm have for car accident cases?
What are no-fault accidents in Florida?
While you should report an accident to your insurance company, it’s better to meet with your attorney first and avoid making any statements to the insurance company that may be held against you later on. In short, you should avoid speaking with your insurance company unless you’re represented by your lawyer who can then speak on your behalf.
Pursuant to Florida Bar Rule 4-1.6 (the confidentiality rule) provides that with certain limited exceptions, a lawyer “shall not reveal information relating to the representation of a client” without the client’s consent. The confidentiality rule applies once you’ve become a client.
As personal injury lawyers, we don’t get paid unless you win. We also offer a free consultation in order to learn more about your circumstances at which time, we can better determine how we may be able to assist you.