Table of Contents
- Top-Rated Injury Lawyers Provide Skilled Representation to Clients Injured in Broward County Slip and Fall Accidents
- Typical Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accident Injuries Often Create Need for a Lengthy Recovery
- Trusted Miramar Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Fight to Establish Your Right to Compensation After a Slip and Fall Injury
- Schedule a Free Initial Consultation to Discuss Options for Recovering Compensation
- Areas Nearby:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Slip and Fall Accidents in Miramar, Florida
Top-Rated Injury Lawyers Provide Skilled Representation to Clients Injured in Broward County Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can occur at any time and in any place and, by definition, you are unlikely to see the accident coming. The severity of the injuries that can result from a slip and fall accident can also be difficult for foresee, and, unfortunately, can often be serious. When you could not have prevented the accident because it was someone else’s duty to keep the property safe, you may be entitled to recover compensation to hold that careless property owner responsible for causing your accident. Despite this basic legal right, building a case for compensation after a slip and fall accident can be complicated, both because of the various legal theories for recovery and the factual evidence required to establish how your accident happened. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Miramar slip and fall injury lawyers have successfully helped hundreds of injured clients recover compensation from negligent business owners, landlords and other property owners who failed to take the necessary steps to keep their property safe for others.
We have the resources necessary to conduct a comprehensive investigation in your case to determine what happened to cause your accident, including locating all available evidence and eyewitnesses, as well as analyzing your medical records and consulting with experts to determine the extent of your injuries.
Typical Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Property owners are required to maintain both the interior and exterior of their properties in a reasonably safe condition in order to prevent visitors from suffering injuries in slip and fall accidents in the first place. Common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Torn rugs or carpet in Miramar,
- Loose wires or cords in Miramar,
- Puddles of water in Miramar,
- Newly polished, waxed or mopped floors in Miramar,
- Jagged or broken concrete or pavement in Miramar,
- Items left on the floor, or other debris impeding walkways in Miramar.
Miramar-area slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere, and we can help you recover compensation if you were injured in an accident in:
- Miramar shopping mall slip and fall accident lawyers,
- Miramar grocery store slip and fall accident lawyers,
- Miramar bar, restaurant or nightclub slip and fall accident lawyers,
- Miramar amusement park slip and fall accident lawyers,
- Miramar Casino slip and fall accident lawyers,
- Miramar apartment complex slip and fall accident lawyers,
- Miramar parking lot or parking garage slip and fall accident lawyers,
- Miramar friend’s home slip and fall accident lawyers,
- And more.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Slip and Fall Accident Injuries Often Create Need for a Lengthy Recovery
Slip and fall accident injuries can range in severity from bumps and bruises to broken bones and head contusions that require extensive and ongoing medical treatment. We have handled slip and fall accident cases in Miramar that result in:
- Foot, ankle and leg injuries,
- Broken hips,
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries,
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries,
- Pulled or torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments,
- Broken bones,
- Broken knees and wrists,
- Cuts, bruises, and contusions.
Settlement / Premises Liability
Settlement / Slip & Fall Accident
Settlement / Negligent Security
Trusted Miramar Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Fight to Establish Your Right to Compensation After a Slip and Fall Injury
In order to make a valid claim for compensation from a negligent property owner, it is first important to establish the type of duty that the property owner owed to the slip and fall accident victim. The legal standards that apply to Miramar property owners vary depending upon why the accident victim was on the property, as follows:
- Business establishments. Business property owners owe the highest duty of care to visitors, who are called “invitees”, and must both maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition and conduct inspections to discover any unknown hazards. They also have a duty to warn you of any dangers on the property that have yet to be corrected.
- Private property owners. If you are invited to the property as a social visitor, you are classified as a “licensee”. The property owner is still obligated to warn you of any known hazard and to maintain the property in a reasonably safe condition but is not subject to the inspection requirement.
- Trespassers. Property owners are only obligated to refrain from causing harm to trespassers intentionally and must warn them of certain significant dangers on the property.
Property owners are required to keep both the interior and exterior of the property reasonably safe for others, and this means maintaining parking lots, parking garages, outdoor walkways, and staircases, as well as the interior of the property.
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation to Discuss Options for Recovering Compensation
The damages caused by a slip and fall accident can create the need for expensive medical treatment and extensive recovery time, and establishing that the property owner’s negligence caused your harm can present complex legal and factual issues. Call an experienced Miramar, FL trip & fall accident attorney, or fill out this brief online contact form, to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss how we can help you move forward from your accident financially.
- Fort Lauderdale Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Slip and Fall Accidents in Miramar, Florida
This is a common fact pattern. Despite the complication, business owners who rent property are still required to keep their businesses safe by maintaining their property and placing warning signs when they have uncovered a danger. Even if the business owner who rented the space was not required to fix any problems under the terms of a lease agreement, that person continues to be responsible for placing adequate warnings to prevent slip and fall accidents until the actual property owner has taken the steps necessary to fix the problem.
Contributory negligence is an issue under Florida law, but the theory will not bar your right to recovery. If it is determined that you truly could have prevented the injury, your own negligence in failing to exercise reasonable caution could reduce your overall compensation award. However, if you reasonably could not have known that the pothole was there, we can build a strong case that you were not negligent. Further, if the property owner failed to warn customers and visitors that the pothole existed (for example, by placing warning cones or tape, or otherwise blocking off the area), that evidence can support a slip and fall accident claim for compensation.