Table of Contents
- Skilled Injury Lawyers Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Car Accident Victims in Broward County
- Frequent Causes of Car Accidents in Weston
- Weston Car Accident Lawyers Comprehensively Investigate Every Accident Case to Maximize Compensation Awards for Injured Clients
- Call Today to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with Our Trusted Weston Car Accident Lawyers
- About Weston, Florida
- Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accident Cases in Weston
Skilled Injury Lawyers Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Car Accident Victims in Broward County
As a whole, the state of Florida has a reputation for poor driving—and, with its proximity to Miami, Weston is often no exception. Seasonal visitors, tourists and residents rushing to commute to other major cities in the area for work all contribute to roadway traffic that can be aggressive and even frightening. Last year alone, there were over 400,000 car accidents in the state of Florida, many of which resulted in serious injuries even fatalities. The unfortunate fact is that even with Weston’s reputation for providing a safe, suburban living environment, its proximity to major cities, busy interstates, and tourist hubs makes conditions ripe for car accidents on a daily basis. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, P.C., our experienced Weston car accident lawyers know how frustrating it is when you have sustained injuries in a car accident caused by someone else’s poor driving, and are then required to undertake an uphill battle just to recover fair compensation for those injuries.
We do everything that we can to smooth the process of recovering compensation for our injured clients—from taking on the burden of investigating your case to aggressively negotiating on your behalf with the insurance companies so that you don’t have to take on that often-aggravating task.
We have been fighting on behalf of car accident victims in Weston and throughout South Florida for a combined five decades, and we are ready and willing to put our substantial experience to work to recover the most compensation possible in your case.
Frequent Causes of Car Accidents in Weston
Car accidents happen when you least expect it—even if you are driving carefully, there are no assurances that others on the roadways are exercising the same common courtesy. Car accidents in Weston are often caused by:
- Distracted drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Fatigued drivers
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Defective vehicle components
- Failing to drive more cautiously in adverse weather conditions
Regardless of how your accident was caused, if you sustained injuries and your relevant damages exceed the amount of car insurance available under your own policy, you may have the right to make a claim for compensation against the at-fault party. This right does depend upon the severity of your injuries—under Florida law, you generally must suffer a “serious injury” in order to claim compensation from an at-fault party. Our personal injury lawyers can explain this threshold and evaluate how it may apply in your case. Generally, something more than bumps and bruises will be required, but it is not necessary that your injury be catastrophic or permanent in order to qualify.
Weston Car Accident Lawyers Comprehensively Investigate Every Accident Case to Maximize Compensation Awards for Injured Clients
One of the most difficult aspects of a car accident case is determining the level of compensation to which you are fairly entitled—especially if you have no prior experience in navigating the process for recovering compensation after a car accident. Because of this, many car accident victims in Weston unknowingly settle with the insurance companies for far less than their case is actually worth. To ensure you receive the maximum compensation award possible in your case, our lawyers will:
- Identify all potentially responsible parties, including drivers, employers if the driver was working at the time of the accident and even vehicle manufacturers if a defective component caused the car accident,
- Identify and interview all eyewitnesses,
- Consult with accident reconstruction experts if necessary to gain evidence as to the cause of your accident,
- Consult with medical experts to evaluate the true potential cost of your injury, including future costs,
- Negotiate with the insurance companies,
- Engage in mediation strategies if advantageous,
- File all paperwork, including the demand letter,
- Prepare and litigate your case through trial to reach the most advantageous settlement possible in your case.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Call Today to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with Our Trusted Weston Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a car accident in Weston or elsewhere in South Florida, you need a Weston car crash attorney who you can trust to explain your options for recovering fair compensation for those injuries. Call our offices today, or fill out this online contact form, to schedule a free initial case evaluation with our experienced Weston-area car accident lawyers. In that free consultation, we always give our potential clients our honest opinion about the likelihood of success and anticipated process for recovering compensation in their case.
About Weston, Florida
Weston is located in the westernmost portion of Broward County, Florida, and is considered a principal city in the Miami metropolitan area. Although located near Miami, Weston actually borders the Everglades and was developed as a master planned community in the 1990s. Known for offering an affordable suburban option near Miami, Weston is actually ranked in Money magazine’s “Biggest Earners” category year after year. Weston is also known for being a family-friendly town and one of the safest cities to live in the country, according to the NeighborhoodScout ranking system. As of 2017, an estimated 70,944 residents called Weston home—up substantially from the 2000 census, when Weston’s population was estimated at 49,286.
Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Coconut Creek Car Accident Lawyers
- Cooper City Car Accident Lawyers
- Coral Springs Car Accident Lawyers
- Dania Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Davie Car Accident Lawyers
- Deerfield Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
- Lauderdale Lakes Car Accident Lawyers
- Margate Car Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Car Accident Lawyers
- Oakland Park Car Accident Lawyers
- Parkland Car Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Car Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Car Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Sunrise Car Accident Lawyers
- Tamarac Car Accident Lawyers
- Weston Car Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations in Broward County available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accident Cases in Weston
What should I do if I’m in a car accident in Florida?
Why should I hire an attorney quickly after a car accident?
What types of car accident cases does your firm handle?
What are some things your law firm will do for victims of car accidents that others might not?
Will your law firm help with the insurance company after a car accident?
What resources does the firm have for car accident cases?
What are no-fault accidents in Florida?
Comparative fault laws reflect the reality that more than one person might be responsible for causing a car accident. Under Florida’s pure comparative fault system, each person involved in a car accident is assigned a portion of the fault based upon all available evidence. This system then reduces your compensation award by the percentage of fault assigned to you.
This is not an uncommon occurrence because of the many visitors we have in Weston every winter and spring. Regardless of where the other driver lives, if the car accident occurred in Weston, that driver will be required to defend himself or herself in a lawsuit in Florida under Florida law. If a lawsuit does become necessary, we will serve the at-fault driver with notice of the lawsuit at his or her out-of-state residence.