Table of Contents
- Results-Driven Personal Injury Firm Advocates For Davie Car Accident Victims
- Experienced Davie Car Accident Attorneys Handle All Types Of Car Accident Claims
- Understanding Florida’s No-Fault Car Insurance Laws
- Recover Maximum Compensation For Your Davie Car Accident
- Legal Time Limits For Filing A Davie Car Accident Claim
- Hold The At-Fault Party Accountable For Your Davie Car Accident
- About Davie, Florida
- Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents In Davie, Florida
Results-Driven Personal Injury Firm Advocates For Davie Car Accident Victims
Car accidents in Broward County, Florida range from the minor fender bender to the deadly wrong-way accident. Distracted driving, drunk driving, and driving over the speed limit are common behaviors that frequently result in car crashes. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Florida, we’ve got you covered. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our results-driven legal team specializes in personal injury law. Our skilled Davie car accident lawyers advocate for victims of car accidents, protecting their rights, and recovering maximum compensation for their injuries.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Experienced Davie Car Accident Attorneys Handle All Types Of Car Accident Claims
Experienced car accident attorneys at Lawlor, White & Murphey handle all types of car accidents including the following:
- Fender benders
- Distracted driving car accidents
- Hit and run car accidents
- Driving while under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs car accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side impact collisions
- Wrong-way driving accidents
- Uber vehicle accidents
- Lyft vehicle accidents
- Taxi cab accidents
- Car accidents with bicyclists
- Car accidents with pedestrians
Understanding Florida’s No-Fault Car Insurance Laws
Florida follows a “no-fault” car insurance system, specifying that the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) component of your car insurance will cover the medical bills and other losses of anyone covered under the policy. It does not matter who is at fault for the accident. However, PIP claims have policy limits and injured victims may not receive compensation for “pain and suffering” and other non-monetary damages that are the result of the accident.
To file a third-party insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver to recover compensation for non-monetary damages, the victim’s injuries must meet the threshold established by state law for serious injuries. Florida’s no-fault car insurance laws and PIP insurance can be difficult to navigate. Experienced Davie car accident lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey have in-depth knowledge of Florida’s personal injury claims process, and they offer a free case evaluation for car accident victims.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Recover Maximum Compensation For Your Davie Car Accident
When you suffer injury in a car accident that was caused by another person’s negligent or reckless behavior, you may file a personal injury claim to pursue compensation for your injuries and other losses, known as “damages”. Some of the damages you may be entitled to receive include the following:
- Bills for medical treatment
- Hospital bills
- Costs of surgical procedures
- Cost of prescription medications
- Cost of rehabilitation
- Cost of physical therapy
- Bills for lab work, imaging tests, and diagnostic scans
- The cost of future anticipated medical expenses that are a result of the accident
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of one’s life enjoyment
- Loss of one’s quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of future earning capacity as a result of the injuries
- Loss of income
- Loss of sick time
- Loss of earned vacation time
The compensatory damages awarded in a personal injury claim are intended to compensate the injured person for the harm they endured as a result of the accident, and to restore that person to the condition they were in before the accident. Compensatory damages are not intended to punish the at-fault party.
Some losses have an exact monetary value, such as the cost of medical treatment or hospital bills. Other losses, such as emotional pain and suffering, do not have an assigned value. For those losses, the Florida court will consider several different factors to assign a monetary value.
Legal Time Limits For Filing A Davie Car Accident Claim
Every state sets forth legal time limits for filing claims in the state’s civil courts, known as “statutes of limitations”. In Florida, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is four years from the time of the accident. This four-year statute also applies to any lawsuit filed over damage to a vehicle stemming from the accident.
If the car accident resulted in the loss of life and the family of the victim opts to bring a wrongful death suit against the at-fault driver, the statute of limitations is different. Wrongful death claims must be filed within two years of the date of the victim’s death.
Hold The At-Fault Party Accountable For Your Davie Car Accident
When you have been seriously injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, you have the right to hold the at-fault party accountable. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our dedicated Davie car crash attorneys work tirelessly on your behalf to do just that. Our experienced team is available to answer your questions and provide a free case evaluation so that you can make the most informed decision regarding your car accident claim.
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth – Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
About Davie, Florida
Davie, Florida is located approximately 24 miles north of Miami, in Broward County. Davie is considered a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area, and is the most populous municipality designated as a “town” in the state of Florida. Davie enjoys a close-knit community, rich heritage, and a hometown ambiance.
Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Coconut Creek Car Accident Lawyers
- Cooper City Car Accident Lawyers
- Coral Springs Car Accident Lawyers
- Dania Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Davie Car Accident Lawyers
- Deerfield Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
- Lauderdale Lakes Car Accident Lawyers
- Margate Car Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Car Accident Lawyers
- Oakland Park Car Accident Lawyers
- Parkland Car Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Car Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Car Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Sunrise Car Accident Lawyers
- Tamarac Car Accident Lawyers
- Weston Car Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations in Broward County available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents In Davie, Florida
What should I do if I’m in a car accident in Florida?
Why should I hire an attorney quickly after a car accident?
What types of car accident cases does your firm handle?
What are some things your law firm will do for victims of car accidents that others might not?
Will your law firm help with the insurance company after a car accident?
What resources does the firm have for car accident cases?
What are no-fault accidents in Florida?
No. The best settlement offers are usually not the first offers on the negotiating table. Insurance companies frequently offer initial settlements that fall far below the compensation you rightfully deserve. Your doctor bills may continue to climb, and a low settlement offer will most likely not cover all of your medical expenses. It is in your best interests to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney regarding your car accident claim, and to obtain an estimate on the compensation you may expect to receive. The car accident attorneys at Lawlor, Whitney & Murphey offer a free case evaluation to accident victims.
If your car accident claim is not filed before the statute of limitations expires, the Florida court will refuse to hear your case. Once your case has been dismissed by the court, you will have lost your opportunity to recover any damages.