Table of Contents
- Florida Injury Attorneys Bring Experience & Dedication into Representing Broward County Clients Injured in Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Accidents
- The Severity of Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries Suffered by Miramar Accident Victims
- Florida Injury Attorneys Put Expertise to Work to Maximize Compensation for Clients Suffering From Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries
- Call Today to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation to Discuss Your Injury Case
- Areas Nearby:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Claims Involving Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries in Miramar, Florida
Florida Injury Attorneys Bring Experience & Dedication into Representing Broward County Clients Injured in Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Accidents
Uber and Lyft accidents may be relatively new occurrences here in South Florida, but at Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Miramar Uber & Lyft accident lawyers are no strangers to car accidents and have adjusted quickly by studying the new issues and laws that can apply when an accident involves an Uber or Lyft driver. One of the primary complications in cases involving Uber and Lyft ride-sharing injuries is navigating the insurance laws that now apply in Miramar. In some cases, it can be difficult to determine which policy will cover the costs of your injuries—your own policy, the at-fault driver’s policy or one of the policies that Uber and Lyft are now required to maintain under Florida law.
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, we have a combined five-plus decades’ worth of experience successfully helping clients navigate the Florida insurance rules and court system to recover compensation for their injuries. We are well-versed in both the Florida no-fault insurance law and the new requirements that now apply in Uber or Lyft accident cases. We are also familiar with the tactics that insurance companies tend to employ to minimize their financial exposure after an accident—the insurance adjusters know that the insurance rules in Uber and Lyft ride-sharing injury cases are complicated, so might deny an initial claim and think that someone else’s coverage will provide the necessary compensation. We fight back against these tactics, and will thoroughly investigate your case to determine who can be held responsible for compensating you for your injuries.
The Severity of Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries Suffered by Miramar Accident Victims
Even though many people choose Uber or Lyft to reach their destination more safely, when an Uber or Lyft driver is involved in a motor vehicle accident, the resulting injuries can be severe. Uber and Lyft ride-sharing injuries may include:
- Paralysis in Miramar,
- Burns in Miramar,
- Broken bones in Miramar,
- Spinal cord injuries in Miramar,
- Traumatic brain injuries in Miramar,
- Scarring and disfigurement in Miramar,
- Death in Miramar.
All of these Uber and Lyft ride-sharing injuries can be severe, long-lasting and have unanticipated consequences that can require future treatment and create additional expenses that may not always be covered by health insurance. Because of this, we believe in conducting a comprehensive investigation in every single case so that we can make sure you receive full compensation for your injuries, including:
- Medical treatment expenses,
- Physical therapy,
- Future reconstructive surgeries,
- Medical devices, both now and in the future if necessary,
- Pain and suffering,
- Lost wages, salary and employment benefits,
- Loss of future earning potential,
- And more.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Florida Injury Attorneys Put Expertise to Work to Maximize Compensation for Clients Suffering From Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries
Regardless of who caused your Uber or Lyft accident, we will explore every possible avenue for recovering compensation in your case, including how Florida’s new insurance requirements impact your case. Under relatively new legislation, Uber and Lyft accident victims may now be able to bring a claim against certain insurance policies maintained by the companies themselves, including:
- $1 million in insurance protection if the Uber or Lyft driver is carrying a passenger at the time of the accident, or
- $50,000 per person ($100,000 per accident) in injury coverage if the driver has the Uber or Lyft app turned on but does not have a passenger in the vehicle.
These new enhanced limits were developed for a variety of reasons, but primarily to protect Uber and Lyft accident injury victims in Miramar who found it difficult to recover insurance compensation prior to the new law because:
- Uber and Lyft characterized their drivers as independent contractors so that these large companies would not be financially responsible if they caused an accident,
- Personal insurance policies maintained by Uber and Lyft drivers under Florida law may decline coverage if the driver was using the vehicle for commercial purposes, and
- Many who suffer Uber and Lyft ride-sharing injuries are using the services because they do not have a vehicle, so do not maintain their own car insurance under Florida’s no-fault law.
Call Today to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation to Discuss Your Injury Case
Whether you are a Miramar resident or just visiting the area, call a Miramar rideshare accident attorney today, or fill out this brief online contact form, to schedule a free initial consultation if you sustained injuries in an Uber or Lyft ride-sharing accident in South Florida. Our experienced personal injury lawyers believe in putting our clients’ needs first and are even available to meet with you in your home or the hospital if your injuries prevent you from traveling comfortably.
- Coral Springs Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Uber & Lyft Accidents Lawyer
- Pembroke Pines Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Claims Involving Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries in Miramar, Florida
How are these cases different, apart from the insurance laws? One primary recommendation we would give to anyone who has sustained injuries in an Uber or Lyft ride-sharing accident is to be especially careful about who you talk to. Avoid making any sort of statement to Uber or Lyft, or to any insurance adjuster. Uber and Lyft are huge companies with extensive concerns regarding both publicity and profit. While it is always advisable to be careful about what you say following an accident, companies like Uber and Lyft may go to greater lengths than anticipated to avoid liability for an accident. This general recommendation against speaking also applies to social media and written documents—don’t put anything about your accident in writing without first calling our experienced lawyers, because you never know how a casual statement could damage your case. In fact, we’d recommend that you refrain from social media entirely until you talk to us.
I don’t have my own car insurance so how does Florida’s no-fault law apply? The enhanced Uber or Lyft insurance requirements will apply even if you were on a bicycle or walking when an Uber or Lyft driver struck you and caused injuries. Even if the driver was not carrying an Uber or Lyft passenger (or looking for one), you can still bring a claim for compensation against his or her personal insurance policy when injured on a bicycle.