Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Lawyers
Personal Injury Lawyers Dedicated to Protecting Truck Accident Victim Rights Throughout Broward County, Florida
While any type of motor vehicle accident can cause devastating injuries, truck accidents are different from accidents involving smaller cars and vehicles for a number of reasons. The most obvious reason, of course, is that commercial trucks are much larger than passenger vehicles. When the two vehicles are involved in a collision, the laws of physics dictate that passengers in the smaller vehicle will suffer exponentially more severe injuries than would otherwise be the case.
There’s also a big difference between making a claim for compensation against a truck driver or trucking company versus claims against the driver of a passenger vehicle. Large trucking companies often possess the resources to hire the best legal defense teams possible, making it much more difficult for injured parties to recover the compensation they deserve –unless they’re working with experienced truck accident lawyers who have a proven track record of success.
The attorneys at Lawlor, White & Murphey have handled a wide range of motor vehicle accident cases, including cases against large trucking companies. We’re well-versed in trucking regulations, establishing liability after a truck accident and building strong and smart counterarguments to the types of defenses that trucking companies usually put forward. If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a truck accident in Fort Lauderdale or elsewhere in South Florida, call our offices to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case today.
Common Injuries in South Florida Truck Accidents
Any number of different factors can come into play in order to cause a truck accident in South Florida, including:
- Driver distraction
- Drug or alcohol use
- Driver exhaustion
- Poorly trained truck drivers
- Failure to see a smaller vehicle turning or changing lanes
- Mechanical problems with the truck
- Improperly loaded truck cargo
- Improper maintenance of brakes, tires or other truck components
Regardless of the cause of the accident, the injuries caused by a truck crashing into a smaller vehicle often result in lifelong debilitating injuries or even fatalities. Some common injuries caused by truck accidents may include:
- Back and neck injuries. In some cases, chronic back or neck pain caused by a truck accident may never fully heal, and can require lifelong care. Bruising, sprains, strains, dislocations, road burn, spinal fractures, and torn or ruptured discs are examples of the types of back and neck injuries that a truck accident victim may suffer.
- Broken bones. Sadly, it’s rare to see a truck accident where there the accident victims do not suffer from at least some broken bones. Broken bone injuries in truck accidents are often much more severe than simple hairline fractures, as the impact of the collision can result in severe breaks that cause significant pain, require extensive recovery periods, and significantly impact the day-to-day life of the injured person.
- Internal injuries. The bladder, pancreas, kidneys, liver, and spleen are some of the organs that can suffer internal bleeding due to the blunt trauma that often occurs in truck accidents. Your organs can also suffer lacerations or perforations, in the same manner as the skin itself. These types of injuries can be excruciatingly painful and life-threatening if you don’t receive prompt medical treatment.
- Burns. Some truck accidents are so severe that the passenger vehicle will catch fire because of a fuel tank explosion, resulting in severe burns that may require skin grafts, reconstructive surgeries and a long, costly recovery process.
- Spinal cord injuries. Because the spinal cord is the part of central nervous system that connects the brain to the rest of the body, a spinal cord injury can result in partial or full paralysis that will significantly impact the truck accident victim’s quality of life. Even if full paralysis does not result, spinal cord injuries can impair motor function, and often result in chronic lifelong pain.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries range in severity from concussions to skull fractures to significant brain damage that changes a person’s personality or makes it difficult for them to accomplish many basic daily activities of living.
The Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey Can Help With Your Florida Truck Accident Claim
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our skilled team of truck accident attorneys, investigative staff and support staff truly care about the well-being of the people in our South Florida community. We have extensive experience working with people who have been involved in truck accidents, and we know just how serious and costly the resulting injuries can be.
We believe that it’s bad enough if you already have to pay for another person’s, company’s, or manufacturer’s mistakes through the physical and emotional pain caused by serious injuries. You should not also be required to shoulder the burden of the financial costs of the injury. That’s why we fight tooth and nail to make sure every single truck accident victim we represent gets the compensation they need to cover the costs of medical care, physical therapy, lost wages, and any other associated costs. Our lawyers understand the complications that arise in truck accidents, and know that, in many cases, multiple parties may actually be responsible for the damages that the accident has caused. We fight to determine who is actually responsible for the accident by investigating the scene to determine whether any of the following parties may be financially accountable for your injuries:
- The truck driver
- The truck owner, usually as the truck driver’s employer
- The company charged with maintaining the truck
- The company that loaded the cargo onto the truck
- The manufacturer of a truck component that malfunctioned and caused the accident
- Another entity that was involved in shipping and tracking the truck cargo
If you cannot make the trip to our offices while recovering from your injuries, our lawyers are happy to meet with you in the hospital or in your home, if you prefer. We provide our clients with a free initial consultation, during which we will review the details of your case and discuss what we think will be the best course of action in recovering compensation. Sometimes we can obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve through negotiations and a settlement agreement, but if the individual or trucking company who caused the truck accident refuses to provide a fair settlement offer that will fully cover your expenses, our lawyers do not hesitate to try the case in court to make sure you get what you deserve. We conduct a full investigation for every one of our truck accident victim clients, which includes:
- Obtaining the truck’s safety logs and inspection records
- Investigating to determine whether the truck driver was properly screened and trained
- Obtaining the truck’s “black box” recording device where available
- Determining whether the trucking company has a history of safety violations
- Consulting with expert witnesses to determine the true cause of the accident
- Interviewing eyewitnesses to gather evidence as to the actual events of the accident
After sustaining injuries in an accident with a truck, you need a legal team comprised of equal parts compassion and professionalism. The law firm of Lawlor, White & Murphey has the specific legal knowledge, resources, and the commitment you need to win this kind of case.
Injured in a Truck Accident? Don’t Delay—Contact Our Florida Truck Accident Lawyers Today
Recovering from a truck accident can be a long and painful process. Recovering after losing a loved one in a trucking accident is even more difficult. Whether you’re struggling to pay the medical or physical therapy costs of your truck accident injuries or wondering how you can go on after the wrongful death of a loved one who was killed in a truck accident, the skilled personal injury lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey want to help. We can’t bring back the person you lost or make your injuries heal any faster, but we can help you win the compensation you deserve so that you don’t have to worry about your financial situation while you heal physically and emotionally from the accident.
Our initial consultation is always free and carries no obligation. If you do decide to work with us, you can be rest assured knowing that our lawyers all work on a contingency basis, meaning that you don’t pay us anything until we recover your compensation. You have nothing to lose and much to gain from working with us, so call our offices today or fill out this brief online form and a compassionate and experienced personal injury attorney will respond to you promptly.
Frequently Asked Questions About South Florida Truck Accident Lawsuits
You should never accept the insurance company’s initial settlement offer without first consulting with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your medical bills may seem extensive now, but depending upon the type and severity of the injuries, you may require significant additional ongoing care or rehabilitative therapies that can be extremely expensive. If you accept a settlement offer that does not fully account for those costs, your bills may not be covered in the future. Our lawyers can help construct a much more fair estimate of your long-term costs and negotiate with the insurance companies to make sure you get what you deserve.
If the truck driver was at fault for the accident, your South Florida insurance company is legally not permitted to raise your insurance rates even if you have to make a claim with your own insurance company because the truck driver was underinsured or not insured at all.
FAQ: Where else do you handle truck accident cases?
We handle truck accident claims throughout South Florida including but not limited to:
- Pompano Beach Truck Accidents
- Lake Worth Truck Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Truck Accidents
- Boynton Beach Truck Accidents
- West Palm Beach Truck Accidents
- Boca Raton Truck Accidents
- Delray Beach Truck Accidents
- Weston Truck Accidents
- Miramar Truck Accidents
- Coral Springs Truck Accidents
- Greenacres Truck Accidents
- Palm Beach Gardens Truck Accidents
- Royal Palm Beach Truck Accidents
- Sunrise Truck Accidents
- Plantation Truck Accidents
- Miramar Truck Accidents
- Hollywood Truck Accidents
- Pembroke Pines Truck Accidents