Davie Personal Injury Lawyer
Skilled Personal Injury Trial Attorneys Protect The Rights Of Injured Accident Victims In Broward County
Accidents happen every single day. Car crashes. Motorcycle accidents. Slipping and falling. The list goes on and on. Fortunately, if you have been in an accident and someone else is to blame, there is something you can do about it. Let a dedicated Davie personal injury lawyer from our law firm help.
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our results-driven personal injury team believes in holding at-fault parties accountable for their actions. Our skilled trial attorneys protect the rights of injured accident victims, and fight to recover full compensation for their injuries and other losses. Lawlor, White & Murphey specializes in the practice of personal injury law, with in-depth knowledge of Florida’s personal injury laws.
Premier Legal Team Provides Expert Representation For All Types Of Florida Personal Injury Accident Claims
Each Davie personal injury lawyer at Lawlor, White & Murphey is dedicated to providing expert legal representation for victims of all types of accidents. Whether you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident or a boating accident, we are by your side.
Lawlor, White & Murphey focuses solely on the practice of personal injury law. Our team has extensive experience representing clients who have been harmed in a wide range of personal injury accidents. Our skilled personal injury attorneys have recovered more than $100 million in financial compensation for our clients.
Lawlor, White & Murphy handles all types of personal injury accident claims including — but not limited to — the following:
- Davie motor vehicle accidents
- Davie car accidents
- Davie bus accidents
- Davie boating accidents
- Davie slip and fall accidents
- Davie construction accidents
- Davie truck accidents
- Davie motorcycle accidents
- Davie medical malpractice claims
- Davie work-related accidents
- Davie premises liability claims
- Davie Uber accidents
- Davie Lyft accidents
- Davie taxi accidents
- Davie bicycle accidents
- Davie pedestrian accidents
- Davie train accidents
- Davie dog bite accidents
- Davie swimming pool accidents
- Davie playground accidents
Lawlor, White & Murphey Has Demonstrated Track Record Of Recovering Just Compensation For Personal Injury Accidents In Davie
Personal injury law protects those individuals who have been harmed in accidents that were the result of another person’s negligent actions. Negligence is the basis for all personal injury claims, and the reckless behavior that caused or contributed to the accident must be proven. When there is an accident and someone can be held legally responsible for the accident, personal injury law provides a process for the injured party to recover compensation.
The injured victim may file a personal injury claim in the Florida courts, seeking to recover compensation for the accident injuries and other losses, known as “damages”. The compensation recovered in a personal injury claim is not designed to punish the at-fault party; it is intended to compensate the injured victim in an effort to restore that individual to the condition they were in prior to the accident.
Injured parties may recover any of the following damages which are the result of their accident:
- Medical bills
- Hospital bills
- Surgical costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Prescription medications
- Anticipated future medical expenses that are a result of the accident
- Loss of income
- Loss of earned sick time
- Loss of earned vacation time
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of one’s life enjoyment
Lawlor, White & Murphey is a results-oriented personal injury law firm with a demonstrated track record of recovering just compensation for personal injury accident victims.
Verdict / Brain Injury
Settlement / Dog Bite
Settlement / Product Liability
Rules For Shared Fault In Personal Injury Accidents In Davie, Florida
In personal injury cases where more than one party is responsible for the accident, Florida follows what is known as “pure comparative negligence rules”. Under these rules, the compensation that the injured party may recover will be reduced by a level that reflects their shared fault for the accident. For example, if It is determined that the injured person is 25 percent responsible for the accident, then their damage award will be reduced by 25 percent. So — in this scenario — a damage award of $20,000 will be reduced by $5,000 for a total compensation of $15,000.
If you are unsure of whether your accident meets the criteria of negligence, it is best to consult with an experienced Davie personal injury lawyer who will evaluate the merits of your particular personal injury case.
Experienced. Compassionate. Dedicated.
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our experienced accident attorneys in Davie are dedicated to protecting the rights of those who have been injured because of another person’s negligence. Our experienced team focuses exclusively on personal injury cases, with a demonstrated track record of successfully recovering just compensation for our client’s injuries and other losses. If you or a loved one were involved in an accident and sustained injuries, we are here to help. Lawlor, White & Murphey offers a free case evaluation for accident victims; schedule your free consultation today.
About Davie, Florida
Davie, Florida is a close-knit community located in Broward County, approximately 24 miles north of Miami. The Town of Davie is a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area and is the most populous municipality designated as a “town” in the state of Florida. Davie enjoys a rich heritage, a hometown ambiance, and a dynamic community.
Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Coconut Creek Personal Injury Lawyers
- Cooper City Personal Injury Lawyers
- Coral Springs Personal Injury Lawyers
- Dania Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Davie Personal Injury Lawyers
- Deerfield Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Accidents & Injuries
- Hallandale Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Hollywood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Lauderdale Lakes Personal Injury Lawyers
- Lauderhill Personal Injury Lawyers
- Lighthouse Point Personal Injury Lawyers
- Margate Personal Injury Lawyers
- Miramar Personal Injury Lawyers
- North Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers
- Oakland Park Personal Injury Lawyers
- Parkland Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Personal Injury Lawyers
- Plantation Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- Sunrise Personal Injury Lawyers
- Tamarac Personal Injury Lawyers
- West Park Personal Injury Lawyers
- Weston Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wilton Manors Personal Injury Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations in Broward County available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims In Davie, Florida
Every state has different legal deadlines for filing claims in civil court, known as “statutes of limitations”. In Florida, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is four years from the date that the accident took place. This is a significant deadline. If you do not file your claim within this four-year window, then the Florida court will likely dismiss your case. Should this happen, then you will have lost your opportunity to recover any compensation for your accident.
While all accidents are different, there are several steps to take in the aftermath of an accident. First, in the case of a car accident or an accident with serious injuries, report the accident to the police. Seek emergency medical attention for your injuries. Take photos of the accident scene and your physical injuries, and obtain the contact information from the other at-fault party and any witnesses to the accident.