Table of Contents
- Battle-Tested Casino Accident Lawyers Work Tirelessly to Win Compensation for Clients Suffering From Casino Injuries in Broward County and Throughout FL
- Common Types of Casino Injuries in Florida
- Casinos In Florida
- Injured While in a FL Casino? Our Florida Casino Injury Lawyers Hold Negligent Casino Owners Responsible
- Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with the Florida Casino Injury Lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey Today
- Frequently Asked Questions About Casino Injury Claims in South Florida
- Related Post
Battle-Tested Casino Accident Lawyers Work Tirelessly to Win Compensation for Clients Suffering From Casino Injuries in Broward County and Throughout FL
As is the case with any other property owner, casino owners are legally obligated to maintain their casino premises in a reasonably safe condition for the individuals who make their business operations successful. Casinos in South Florida are often massive operations and may contain restaurants, bars, hotels and other recreational amenities in addition to the basic casino gambling operations. Some casinos even provide shuttle or bus transportation between locations, airports, hotels or within the casino grounds. Because of this, there are many opportunities for those who visit a casino to sustain injuries if the casino owner and employees are not responsible for taking steps to prevent injury. Florida Casino Injury Lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey provide outstanding legal representation for Casino Injury cases throughout South Florida. Contact us today.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Premises Liability Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, we understand that casinos are highly profit motivated entities and may cut corners in order to enhance those profits. Despite this, understaffing, failing to maintain crumbling facilities or replace damaged property can cause serious injuries—especially to the senior citizen community of Fort Lauderdale that may be more vulnerable to the adverse consequences of a casino accident. The risk of injury created by casino owners is, in some cases, unacceptable, and we will fight to hold these businesses responsible for any resulting harm.
Common Types of Casino Injuries in Florida
Some common forms of casino injury cases that our firm handles include:
- Casino slip and fall accidents. Wet floors, obstructed walkways, negligently maintained escalators, uneven flooring, and potholes in the parking areas are all examples of negligently maintained facilities that can lead to slip and fall accidents and injuries on a casino’s property.
- Food poisoning. When the casino restaurants fail to follow proper food handling and preparation standards and a patron suffers from food poisoning as a result, the property owner may be held responsible.
- Bus or shuttle accidents. If the driver of a casino-provided shuttle or bus was negligent in causing an accident that resulted in injuries, the casino itself may be held responsible for the actions of the driver-employee.
- Negligent security. Casinos are also required to take reasonable steps to protect casino patrons from any type of criminal activity that can reasonably be anticipated to take place on the casino property—for example, by installing security cameras, maintaining properly working lighting and even hiring security guards.
- Slot machine injuries. One of the more common casino injuries that occur in South Florida involves broken slot machines or gambling table chairs. These chairs must be inspected and replaced on a regular basis to ensure that the people using them are not harmed.
- Other dangers on the casino property. As noted, casinos in South Florida are usually huge operations. When the property is not properly maintained, you may suffer injuries at the swimming pool, using an escalator or elevator or even in the parking garage.
Casinos In Florida
Melbourne Greyhound Park — Melbourne, Brevard County
Victory Casino Cruises — Cape Canavera, Brevard County
Big Easy Casino — Hallandale Beach, Broward County
Dania Jai-Ala — Dania Beach, Broward County
Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino — Hallandale Beach, Broward County
Pompano Park — Pompano Beach, Broward County
Seminole Casino Coconut Creek — Coconut Creek, Broward County
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood — Hollywood, Broward County
Seminole Classic Casino — Hollywood, Broward County
Orange Park Kennel Club — Orange Park, Clay County
Seminole Casino Hotel Immokalee — Immokalee, Collier County
Jacksonville Kennel Club — Orange Park, Duval County
Victory Casino Cruises — Jacksonville, Duval County
Pensacola Greyhound Track — Pensacola, Escambia County
Creek Entertainment Gretna — Gretna, Gadsden County
Seminole Casino Big Cypress — Clewiston, Hendry County
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tampa — Tampa, Hillsborough County
Tampa Bay Downs — Tampa, Hillsborough County
Tampa Greyhound Track — Tampa, Hillsborough County
Jefferson County Kennel Club — Monticello, Jefferson County
Naples/Fort Myers Greyhound Track — Bonita Springs, Lee County
Ocala Poker & Jai-Alai — Ocala, Marion County
Oxford Downs — Summerfield, Marion County
Calder Casino & Race Course — Miami Gardens, Miami-Dade County
Casino Miami Jai-Alai — Miami, Miami-Dade County
Flagler Dog Track and Magic City Casino — Miami, Miami-Dade County
Hialeah Park Race Track — Hialeah, Miami-Dade County
Miccosukee Resort and Gaming Center — Miami, Miami-Dade County
Seminole Casino Brighton — Okeechobee, Okeechobee County
Palm Beach Kennel Club — West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County
Derby Lane — St. Petersburg, Pinellas County
Sarasota Kennel Club — Sarasota, Sarasota County
Fort Pierce Jai-Alai & Poker — Fort Pierce, St. Lucie County
Daytona Beach Racing and Card Club — Daytona Beach, Volusia County
Orange City Racing and Card Club — Orange City, Volusia County
Ebro Greyhound Track — Ebro, Washington County
Injured While in a FL Casino? Our Florida Casino Injury Lawyers Hold Negligent Casino Owners Responsible
Casinos are an extremely popular aspect of the tourism industry in South Florida, and luxurious operations, such as the expansive Seminole Hard Rock resort and casino in Hollywood, attract thousands of tourists and retired “snowbirds” to the area every day. If you went to the casino for a vacation or to have a good time, you are part of a group that contributes exponentially to the South Florida economy, and should not expect to leave in pain and with medical bills piling up.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Florida Casino Injury Lawyers will handle every aspect of your South Florida casino accident case, including:
- Obtaining any video surveillance footage of the area,
- Analyzing the casino’s safety record to determine whether the casino has a history of safety violations,
- Looking at employment records to determine whether staff members were adequately trained and screened,
- Locating and interviewing witnesses to the accident,
- Examining your medical records and consulting with medical experts to estimate the ongoing impact of your injury,
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense attorneys on your behalf.
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth – Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
The bottom line is that property owners in South Florida are legally obligated to take steps to make sure you are safe while enjoying the property—and, because you visit the casino so that the casino itself can make a profit, this duty includes making regular inspections of the premises and fixing or warning guests of any dangers that are discovered. Importantly, a casino owner can be held responsible for compensating you for your injuries even if they do not actually know of the danger—the fact that they should reasonably have been aware of the casino hazard is often sufficient.
Settlement / Premises Liability
Settlement / Slip & Fall Accident
Settlement / Negligent Security
Schedule a Free Initial Consultation with the Florida Casino Injury Lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey Today
Casino injuries can be painful and may require extensive recovery periods, and you should not be financially responsible for the results of these injuries if the casino’s negligence caused the injury in the first place. Call our experienced team of Florida Casino Injury Lawyers to discuss your potential casino injury claim, or fill out this online contact form and we will respond promptly. Your first consultation is free, so you have nothing to lose in exploring whether you have the right to hold the casino responsible for their negligence.
Frequently Asked Questions About Casino Injury Claims in South Florida
In some cases, a different set of rules applies when a casino is operated by a Native American organization, as the tribe may be immune from lawsuits in Florida state courts. Applicable statutes of limitations may also be much shorter, making it even more important that you contact a lawyer as soon as possible after your injury occurs. However, the organization itself will still be required to maintain an insurance liability policy that is much like those that apply in any other case, and that insurance company is the entity that is ultimately responsible for compensating casino injury victims in most cases.
Not without first consulting an attorney. The casino is highly motivated to offer you less than your case may be worth and might make many claims in order to prevent you from consulting legal help to get the compensation that is justifiable in your case. Call a lawyer with experience handling casino injury claims before you sign any type of release, as we can provide you with our informed legal opinion and explain your rights.