Table of Contents
- Seasoned Personal Injury Lawyers Committed to Protecting Motorcycle Accident Victims’ Rights in Broward County
- Protecting Yourself from Motorcycle Accidents & Injuries in Hollywood, Florida
- Common Causes of Hollywood, FL Motorcycle Accidents
- Damages in Hollywood, FL Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
- Call Today to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
- Areas Nearby:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Hollywood Motorcycle Accidents
Seasoned Personal Injury Lawyers Committed to Protecting Motorcycle Accident Victims’ Rights in Broward County
We know that motorcyclists often get a bad reputation, but in reality, most motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers in other types of vehicles. The reason motorcycle accidents get so much attention is that the resulting injuries are often devastating and life-altering for the individuals riding on the motorcycle. This is why we always recommend that our Hollywood, Florida clients take proper safety precautions when riding a motorcycle, including wearing a helmet. Even if you are the safest driver on the road, someone else could cause an accident and change your life in an instant. When this happens, you need Hollywood motorcycle accident lawyers who will take your case seriously by your side. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, we are committed to protecting the rights of the biker community here in South Florida and will put in the hours necessary to formulate the arguments necessary to make sure you get justice for your injuries.
Protecting Yourself from Motorcycle Accidents & Injuries in Hollywood, Florida
We understand the appeal of riding a motorcycle on the roads in Hollywood—the weather is almost always beautiful, and a motorcycle gives you a way to enjoy the beautiful area in which we live. We also understand how important it is that you take every possible safety precaution in order to protect yourself from the catastrophic injuries that a motorcycle accident can cause. When operating a motorcycle in South Florida, we recommend that you:
- Always wear a helmet in Hollywood. You don’t legally have to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle under Florida law, so long as you are at least 21 years old and satisfy certain insurance requirements. Despite this, the helmet is for your own protection.
- Wear or use other protective safety gear in Hollywood. For added protection, wear protective eyewear and use other types of available safety gear, including reflective gear designed to increase your visibility.
- Don’t ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs in Hollywood. It should go without saying, but many accidents in Hollywood are caused by drug and alcohol use, so make sure you are sober when driving a motorcycle—remember that prescription drug use can also impair your ability to drive even if it’s legal.
- Watch for inclement weather in Hollywood. In South Florida, our weather can change in an instant—and rainfall is often heavy, especially in the summer, impairing visibility and creating slick and dangerous roads.
- Pick a lane and stay in it in Hollywood. Changing lanes frequently can make it more difficult for other drivers on the roadways to know you are there, and can also increase aggression in other drivers—remembering that aggressive driving, even in others, can lead to accidents.
- Don’t bob and weave through traffic in Hollywood. Drivers on the roads here can be aggressive, and tourists are often unfamiliar with the area—so may not be paying attention if you’re weaving through traffic.
- Don’t ride in the blind spots of other vehicles, don’t tailgate, and don’t ride on the shoulder of the road in Hollywood. On the same note, try to avoid the blind spots of other vehicles and keep a safe distance so that larger vehicles can see you.
- Make sure you have received proper training in Hollywood. Proper training can teach you defensive driving techniques and provide valuable ideas about staying safe when driving a motorcycle in South Florida.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Common Causes of Hollywood, FL Motorcycle Accidents
Despite all safety precautions, motorcycle accidents do happen. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Driver error
- Failing to check blind spots
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Poor weather and road conditions
- Lane splitting
Regardless of the cause of your motorcycle accident, when you are thrown from the motorcycle or even trapped underneath, the resulting injuries can be severe. We are here to help hold the responsible parties financially accountable for the pain and suffering that your injuries may cause.
Damages in Hollywood, FL Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
The unfortunate reality is that many motorcycle accident victims have a long and painful recovery ahead of them. The insurance companies are likely to throw a settlement offer on the table, and they will characterize it as representing the full cost of your accident. While accepting that offer may be tempting because it will help you take care of your current medical expenses, it’s important that you have an attorney review any settlement offer before making any decisions. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Hollywood motorcycle accident lawyers think about the long-term impact of your injuries, and most initial settlement offers will ignore these substantial costs, which can include:
- Lost income during a protracted recovery
- Diminished future earning capacity when serious injuries prevent you from returning to your previous employment
- The expense of rehabilitation and future surgeries
- Prescription drugs and pain management necessary for chronic, potentially lifelong, pain
- Loss of enjoyment of the activities in which you may no longer be able to participate
- Long-term emotional suffering and depression
- Loss of companionship or support in wrongful death cases
Call Today to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Hollywood motorcycle accident, our Hollywood motorcycle crash attorneys can help. We know what you are going through and realize how extensive motorcycle accident injuries can be and are ready to travel to you to talk about your accident and possible avenues for recovering compensation. Call us today, or fill out this brief online contact form and we will get back to you quickly. Learn more about our Hollywood, FL personal injury lawyers.
- Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hollywood Motorcycle Accidents
I was hit while riding my motorcycle. Who is responsible?
What are the most common types of motorcycle accidents?
Most motorcycle accident cases involve claims that another driver or drivers acted negligently in causing the accident. To prove negligence, we show that the other driver owed you a duty of care (all drivers owe a duty of care to everyone else on the roadways, meaning that they must drive responsibly and carefully), the driver’s actions or omissions caused a breach of that duty, and that, as a result, you suffered harm.
We don’t bill by the hour in motorcycle accident cases, as many other lawyers do. Instead, we work on a contingency fee basis so that you pay us nothing until we recover compensation in your case. Basically, this means that it will cost you nothing unless we win.