Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers
Florida Personal Injury Law Firm Protects The Rights Of Palm Beach County Car Accident Victims
You may be a victim of a car accident. But that doesn’t mean you don’t have rights. Personal injury law protects victims of car accidents when the accident was caused by another person or entity’s negligent actions. In these situations, accident victims may file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for their losses. However, Florida’s car accident claims process is complicated, and filing a claim is time-consuming. For that reason, many accident victims give up. But at Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Boca Raton car accident lawyers never give up. Our premier legal team is dedicated to protecting the rights of car accident victims and holding the at-fault parties accountable.
Leading Personal Injury Law Firm Represents Victims Of All Types Of Florida Car Accidents
There are many different types of car accidents, ranging from the minor fender bender to the more serious wrong-way driving accident. Regardless of the specific type of car accident, as long as negligence caused the accident, injured victims may recover compensation for their losses.
Our leading Boca Raton car accident lawyers represent victims of all types of Florida car accidents, including the following:
- Accidents due to distracted driving
- Accidents caused by driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Fender benders
- Wrong-way driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Side impact collisions
- Hit and run car accidents
- Uber vehicle accidents
- Lyft vehicle accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Car accidents with pedestrians
- Car accidents with bicyclists
As is the case with all personal injury accident claims, negligence must be proven in order to pursue a claim.
Injured In A Boca Raton Car Accident? Recover Full Compensation For Your Injuries And Other Losses
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident and someone else is to blame, you have rights under personal injury law. Injured car accident victims may file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for their accident injuries and other losses, known as “damages”. Damages may include a range of different losses, including any of the following:
- Expenses for medical treatment
- Hospital bills
- Surgical bills
- Cost of prescription medications
- Bills for rehabilitation treatment
- Cost of physical therapy
- Expenses for lab work, imaging tests, and diagnostic scans
- Cost of future anticipated expenses for medical treatment
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of one’s quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Loss of sick time
- Loss of earned vacation time
If you have suffered losses that do not have a specific monetary value, such as emotional pain and suffering, the Florida court will take into consideration several factors to assign a monetary value to those losses.
Important Legal Deadlines For Filing Car Accident Claims In Florida
There are important legal deadlines for filing car accident claims, known as “statutes of limitations”. Statutes of limitations are established by each state and vary based on the type of claim that is being filed. Florida’s statute of limitations for filing a car accident claim — which falls under the category of a personal injury claim — is four years from the date of the accident. If the car accident resulted in a death and the family of the victim wishes to file a wrongful death claim against the party responsible for the accident, then the statute of limitations is two years from the time the victim died.
These are very important legal deadlines. If you do not file your car accident claim within four years of the accident, the court may dismiss your case. Once your case is dismissed, you will not be able to recover any compensation for your losses.
Experienced Personal Injury Team Is Available To Answer Your Questions And Provide A Free Car Accident Case Evaluation
Have questions regarding the car accident claims process? Wondering if you can recover any compensation for your car accident injuries and other losses?
Let us help. Lawlor, White & Murphey offers a free car accident case evaluation. One of our experienced personal injury attorneys will evaluate your car accident claim, answer your questions, and discuss your options. Schedule your free car accident case evaluation with a Boca Raton car crash attorney today.
About Boca Raton, Florida
Boca Raton, Florida, is the southernmost city located in Palm Beach County. Located just 43 miles north of Miami, Boca Raton is a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area. With an estimated population of almost 100,000, Boca Raton is recognized as one of South Florida’s wealthiest cities. Boca Raton offers numerous recreational and leisure activities, including golf, racquetball, tennis, polo, spas, swimming pools, fitness facilities, and restaurants.
Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Coconut Creek Car Accident Lawyers
- Cooper City Car Accident Lawyers
- Coral Springs Car Accident Lawyers
- Dania Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Davie Car Accident Lawyers
- Deerfield Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
- Lauderdale Lakes Car Accident Lawyers
- Margate Car Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Car Accident Lawyers
- Oakland Park Car Accident Lawyers
- Parkland Car Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Car Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Car Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Sunrise Car Accident Lawyers
- Tamarac Car Accident Lawyers
- Weston Car Accident Lawyers
Areas Nearby in Palm Beach County:
- Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers
- Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents In Boca Raton, Florida
Yes. Florida follows no-fault car insurance laws that require the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) part of your car insurance coverage to cover the medical expenses and other losses of anyone that is covered under your car insurance policy, regardless of who is at fault for the car accident. But PIP coverage has limits and does not provide compensation for pain and suffering and other non-monetary damages. If your injuries meet Florida’s standard of “serious injury”, you may file a third-party insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Lawlor, White & Murphey specializes in personal injury law and has extensive experience filing Florida car accident claims.
Statutes of limitations — the legal deadlines for filing civil claims in a state’s court — are very important deadlines. If you do not meet the deadline, your case will be dismissed. In unusual circumstances, the court will extend the filing deadline. If you think you may be unable to meet Florida’s legal filing deadline, consult with an experienced car accident attorney immediately.