Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
Reputable Personal Injury Lawyers Protect Clients Suffering from Car Accident Injuries in Broward County
Florida’s no-fault insurance laws mean that if you sustained injuries in a car accident in Hollywood, you will first file a claim with your own insurance company to recover compensation for a portion of your medical expenses, and even lost earnings if you have been unable to work because of your injuries. Most injured parties understand this much, but serious complications can begin to arise when your $10,000 personal injury protection (PIP) cap is reached, or your insurance company refuses to pay fair compensation for your injuries. Depending upon the severity of your injuries, and their potential to cause lasting problems, you can easily reach the $10,000 PIP coverage cap. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Hollywood car accident lawyers can help you work with your own insurance company to get fair compensation for your Hollywood-area car accident injuries, but will also work tirelessly to explore options for holding the person whose careless actions caused your accident responsible for any additional costs.
No-fault insurance laws do not mean that your own policy is your only recourse. When your car accident injuries are sufficiently severe, Florida law allows you to recover fair compensation from the person who caused the accident in the first place, and our lawyers are here to help make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Securing Compensation for Serious Car Accident Injuries Under Hollywood, Florida Law
Florida allows car accident victims to pursue compensation from the at-fault party if their injuries are sufficiently severe. The specifications by which Florida judges whether the injuries resulting from a car accident are severe enough to pursue compensation include:
- Significant or permanent loss of an important bodily function,
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical certainty,
- Significant and permanent scarring and disfigurement,
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Hollywood car accident lawyers have over 55 years’ combined experience helping car accident victims recover compensation for their injuries. We have seen first-hand how extensive car accident injuries can be, and understand the potentially lasting consequences of these injuries. We have handled cases involving car accident injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries,
- Back injuries,
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions,
- Broken bones and joints,
- Severe burns and scarring,
- Loss of limbs and amputations,
- Internal organ damage and bleeding.
Any one of these injuries could change your life forever, and require ongoing and expensive medical care and treatment for which you should not be required to shoulder the financial burden. If a negligent or reckless driver caused your accident, we will fight to determine what happened so that we can hold that person responsible for your injuries.
Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Keep Hollywood, Florida Roadways Safe and Protect Car Accident Victims’ Rights
When you retain our services, you can trust that you will be getting the highest possible quality legal representation in your case. We begin every case with a full investigation so that we can determine the cause of your accident and identify enough evidence to hold the negligent party responsible, including:
- Analyzing the police report,
- Visiting the scene of the accident, and consulting with reconstruction experts who can help determine what happened if necessary,
- Evaluating your medical records and anticipated future treatment requirements,
- Connecting you with medical specialists who will evaluate your car accident injuries,
- Interviewing any eyewitnesses to the accident,
- Locating any available photographic or video evidence of the accident.
Car accident injuries can have difficult to anticipate consequences, which is why we make sure you see the best medical specialists in the field to gain a more complete picture of the recovery you may be facing. This helps us develop an educated estimate of what your case is worth, to make sure that any settlement award we consider is fair and reflects your current and future financial needs.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney to Discuss Your Car Accident Injuries Today
If you sustained injuries in a Hollywood-area car accident and believe the accident was caused by the carelessness of a third party, schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case with one of our Hollywood car crash attorneys today. We take our clients’ injuries seriously and will fight to obtain full compensation in your case. You can call our offices to schedule an appointment, or fill out this brief online contact form and we will respond promptly. We are also available to meet with you in the hospital or your home if you continue to find it difficult to travel with your injuries.
Areas Nearby in Broward County:
- Coconut Creek Car Accident Lawyers
- Cooper City Car Accident Lawyers
- Coral Springs Car Accident Lawyers
- Dania Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Davie Car Accident Lawyers
- Deerfield Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Car Accident Lawyers
- Lauderdale Lakes Car Accident Lawyers
- Margate Car Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Car Accident Lawyers
- Oakland Park Car Accident Lawyers
- Parkland Car Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Car Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Car Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Car Accident Lawyers
- Sunrise Car Accident Lawyers
- Tamarac Car Accident Lawyers
- Weston Car Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations in Broward County available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accident Injuries in Hollywood, FL
Our area is a popular tourist destination, and many visitors rent a car while they are visiting. When they rent the car, they are offered the option of purchasing rental car insurance that will cover the cost of any car accident injuries if they cause an accident while visiting. Most people choose to decline this coverage, but they can only decline the coverage if they have their own car insurance policy that will cover up to the Florida $10,000 minimum in PIP coverage. In this situation, however, you should be careful to obtain the contact information of the person driving the vehicle as well as his or her contact information, and act quickly to contact an attorney in Hollywood if your car accident injuries are serious. You can still recover compensation for your injuries, but things may become more complicated depending upon where the responsible party is from.
Yes. Florida law has what is known as a “long-arm statute”, which means that if you drive on the Florida roads, you basically automatically give consent to come back to Florida and appear in court for any injuries you cause. Also, most visitors from other states have car insurance through a national car insurance company, so while requirements and rules will vary from state to state, you can still recover compensation for your injuries—but it can be more complicated. Our lawyers can help you negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to make sure you are fairly compensated for your injuries regardless of where the driver was originally from.