Table of Contents
- Seasoned Truck Accident Lawyers Help Broward County Truck Accident Victims Get Justice for Their Injuries
- Common Causes of Weston, Florida Truck Accidents
- Skilled Lawyers Put Five Collective Decades Worth of Experience in Holding Negligent Parties Financially Accountable to Work in Hollywood Truck Accident Cases
- Contact Our Offices Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation to Discuss Your Weston Truck Accident Injuries Today
- About Weston, FL
- Areas Nearby:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accident Cases in Weston
Seasoned Truck Accident Lawyers Help Broward County Truck Accident Victims Get Justice for Their Injuries
If you have sustained serious injuries in a truck accident in Weston, you likely already know that the terrifying experience of the truck accident itself is only the beginning. Truck accidents cause injuries that are far more damaging than those sustained in car crashes, meaning that you are likely facing a painful, lengthy and expensive recovery from your truck accident injuries. Unfortunately, it is the driver and passengers in smaller non-commercial vehicles who are much more likely to suffer these injuries in a truck accident, and it is also these accident victims who must then face the daunting process of recovering financial compensation from the truck driver’s commercial insurance carrier. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, P.C., our Weston truck accident lawyers have devoted our legal practice to fighting for justice for accident victims in Weston and elsewhere in South Florida.
We work tirelessly to ensure that your rights are respected and protected throughout the entire process of recovering the compensation necessary to treat your injuries and hold the at-fault truck driver, the trucking company and other negligent parties accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident, call our offices today to see how our personal injury lawyers can help.
Common Causes of Weston, Florida Truck Accidents
Although it may seem clear that the truck accident in which you were injured was in no way your fault, determining the actual cause of the accident remains critical to identifying the correct party to hold financially responsible for the damage caused by the accident. Unlike traditional motor vehicle accident cases, apportioning liability can be far more complex in a truck accident case, which may involve any number of potentially responsible parties. Common causes of truck accidents in Weston include:
- Driver fatigue. Truck drivers work long hours and are on the roadways, often barreling down dangerous highways, for most of this time. Because of this, and because South Florida is often the driver’s final destination, fatigued driving is a primary cause of truck accidents in Florida despite federal laws designed to limit truck drivers’ time behind the wheel.
- Distracted driving. Spending long stretches of time on the roads means that drivers are often distracted by texts and calls while behind the wheel, which is also where truck drivers take many of their meals.
- Driving while intoxicated or impaired. Truck drivers who use drugs or alcohol while driving may limit their reaction time and easily cause an accident.
- Improperly secured cargo. Many trucks carry cargo that, when not secured or loaded properly, can cause severe damage to surrounding vehicles.
- Vehicle malfunction. Trucks spend such a significant amount of time on the roadway that they must be regularly inspected and maintained to ensure all safety gear is working properly. Failure to do so can result in tragedy.
- Aggressive driving. Truck drivers are financially motivated to get their cargo to its destination as quickly as possible, which can encourage aggressive driving, speeding, and other traffic violations.
- Unqualified drivers. Because commercial trucks are such large vehicles, truck drivers are required to complete specialized training to ensure they can drive the vehicle safely. Failure to complete this training can result in unsafe truck drivers on the roadways.
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Skilled Lawyers Put Five Collective Decades Worth of Experience in Holding Negligent Parties Financially Accountable to Work in Hollywood Truck Accident Cases
After sustaining injuries in a Weston-area truck accident, you have a lot on the line—and the at-fault truck driver’s insurance carrier equally has much to lose financially. We understand how difficult it can be to negotiate with professional commercial insurance adjusters who are skilled in minimizing their own financial responsibility and are here to help both identify the responsible party and hold that party accountable. Responsible parties in a truck accident may include:
- The truck driver
- The owner of the truck
- The owner of a trailer in a tractor-trailer
- A party who leased the truck from the truck owner
- The party who loaded the truck cargo
- The manufacturer or designer of a defective truck component
- The party responsible for properly inspecting or maintaining the truck
Contact Our Offices Today to Schedule a Free Case Evaluation to Discuss Your Weston Truck Accident Injuries Today
If you have suffered the physical consequences of a truck accident in Weston, call or contact our experienced Weston truck crash attorneys today. We provide each of our potential clients with a free initial case evaluation to discuss your accident at no risk to you.
About Weston, FL
Weston is located in Broward County, Florida, approximately 35 minutes from Miami International Airport. Weston is also home to the most significant Venezuelan population in the United States, with 9.4 percent of the city’s residents consisting of Venezuelans as of the 2010 census. The major interstate running past Weston’s edge is I-75, which brings northern tourists to the area and offers residents a fairly easy commute to downtown Miami for work. Weston residents enjoy its many parks, including Weston Regional Park and Vista Park, as well as the Weston Town Center shopping center, which offers both shopping and dining options and was constructed relatively recently, beginning in 1999.
- Coral Springs Truck Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Truck Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Truck Accident Lawyers
- Pembroke Pines Truck Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Truck Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Truck Accident Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Truck Accident Lawyers
- Weston Truck Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accident Cases in Weston
How are truck accidents different than car accidents?
You should call the police immediately so that they can create a formal report of the accident, preserve evidence such as the truck’s black box recording device and get you the medical attention that you need. If you are not severely injured, document the scene by taking photos or video, and also take photos of any injuries that are apparent. Truck accidents tend to result in a chaotic environment, but if you notice any witnesses in the area, be sure to get their contact information as their testimony may prove helpful at a later date.
Generally, the size of the commercial insurance policy and the amount at stake. Because the amount at stake is so much higher, insurance adjusters will be much more motivated to minimize their responsibility and attempt to pass liability onto others, which can ultimately make it more difficult for you to recover fair compensation without experienced legal representation.