Table of Contents
- Dedicated to Understanding the Evolving Laws Governing Uber & Lyft Accidents in Broward County and South Florida
- Common Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Accident Injuries in Plantation, FL
- Why Choose Lawlor, White & Murphey to Protect Your Rights in Cases Involving Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries?
- Contact Our Team Today to Set up a Free Initial Consultation
- Areas Nearby:
- Frequently Asked Questions About Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries in Plantation, Florida
Dedicated to Understanding the Evolving Laws Governing Uber & Lyft Accidents in Broward County and South Florida
Uber and Lyft ride-sharing services are popular among both locals and the millions of tourists who flock to our South Florida communities each year. While these ride-sharing services are extremely convenient and simple to use, they do add complications into the mix when an Uber or Lyft driver is involved in a car accident. In most cases, using Uber or Lyft ride-sharing services will be a safe bet—most of us have experienced drivers who are professional, vehicles that are clean and we get safely to our destination even if we are unfamiliar with the area or have been drinking alcohol. Despite this, accidents can and do occur when Uber or Lyft drivers are involved, and they can, of course, cause injuries. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our Plantation Uber & Lyft accident lawyers are passionate about protecting Uber & Lyft accident victims’ rights.
Uber and Lyft drivers are required to adhere to certain legally mandated standards, and the companies themselves are now subject to specific insurance requirements in Plantation and throughout Florida. At Lawlor, White & Murphey, our lawyers have experience both in successfully helping clients recover compensation in car accident cases, and understand the new laws that apply in recovering compensation for Uber & Lyft ride-sharing injuries in Florida. We’re here to help you navigate the additional complexities and issues that may be involved in accidents involving Uber or Lyft—whether you were a passenger, driver or even a pedestrian.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Common Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Accident Injuries in Plantation, FL
As mentioned, the vehicles used in ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are private motor vehicles, and the injuries that we commonly see in accidents involving Uber or Lyft drivers are similar to those that would occur in any other motor vehicle accident. This is not to diminish their potential severity, as Uber and Lyft ride-sharing accident injuries can include:
- Traumatic brain injuries in Plantation
- Paralysis in Plantation
- Burns in Plantation
- Spinal cord injuries in Plantation
- Broken bones in Plantation
- Scarring and disfigurement in Plantation
- Wrongful Death in Plantation
Injuries sustained in Uber or Lyft ride-sharing accidents can be serious and life-altering. They can also leave you facing surprisingly expensive medical bills and even force you to miss work while you recover. Because of this, our lawyers are committed to making sure that the responsible party is also held financially accountable. Although Florida is a no-fault insurance state, your $10,000 in personal injury protection coverage might not even scratch the surface in compensating for your true expenses. Further, if you were a passenger in an Uber or Lyft ride-sharing vehicle, you might not even have your own car insurance policy. This is where our lawyers can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Prescription drug costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity for severe injuries
- Pain and suffering
- And more
“If you’re looking for an Attorney that will fight for you then you should check out Lawyer White and Murphey. They care about you, they care about what is right. They work hard to help you with your case. They become your family not just your attorney. If You come to me and ask me do I know a lawyer I will always recommend Lawlor White and Murphey. ”
“Thank you so much. It will forever be my pleasure to recommend Anthony White as an extremely qualified attorney who can handle your case! Thank you Melissa, Andrea and Angie – you ladies are fantastic!”
“I can sincerely say that you will never find a better practice. Their expertise and legal knowledge make this firm a professional standout. I highly recommend them!!!!”
Why Choose Lawlor, White & Murphey to Protect Your Rights in Cases Involving Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries?
The experienced Plantation Uber & Lyft accident lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey will investigate and fight to make sure you get compensation for your Plantation Uber or Lyft ride-sharing accident injuries. Under the insurance requirements that apply to Uber and Lyft drivers, you may be able to access one of three insurance policies, depending upon the driver’s status at the time of the accident as follows:
- If the driver is carrying an Uber or Lyft passenger at the time of the accident, $1 million insurance coverage is required.
- If the driver has the Uber or Lyft app turned on but is not yet carrying a passenger, $50,000 in coverage per injured party and $100,000 in coverage per accident is required, in addition to $25,000 in property damage coverage.
- If the driver does not have the Uber or Lyft app turned on and is not carrying a passenger, his or her own personal insurance coverage will apply.
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth – Call 954-525-2345 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Contact Our Team Today to Set up a Free Initial Consultation
Our Plantation rideshare accident attorneys can help you navigate the insurance claims process after an Uber or Lyft accident, and will also investigate thoroughly to obtain all available evidence that can help establish both the cause of the accident and the potential financial repercussions to you, the injured party. Call today, or fill out this brief online contact form, to schedule a free initial consultation if you have sustained injuries in an Uber or Lyft ride-sharing accident in Plantation or South Florida. Learn more about our Personal Injury lawyers in Plantation.
- Coral Springs Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Fort Lauderdale Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Hollywood Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Miramar Uber & Lyft Accidents Lawyer
- Pembroke Pines Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Plantation Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- Pompano Beach Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
- West Palm Beach Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
Lawlor, White and Murphey have office locations available by appointment located at:
- 2211 Davie Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- 8362 Pines Boulevard, #410, Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
- 3014 Indian Trace, #164, Weston, Florida 33326
- 6574 North State Road 7, #349, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073
- 43 South Pompano Parkway #228, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- 1802 N. University Dr., #212, Plantation, Florida 33322
Contact one of our offices today for a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Uber & Lyft Ride-Sharing Injuries in Plantation, Florida
The enhanced insurance rules apply in any accident where an Uber or Lyft driver was involved, including when you are a passenger in an Uber or Lyft and the driver causes an accident, you are a pedestrian or on a bicycle and struck by an Uber or Lyft vehicle, or you are the driver of an Uber or Lyft vehicle and another driver causes an accident. Essentially, the new rules apply anytime an Uber or Lyft driver is involved in an accident in any way.
It’s important to remember that you are not simply dealing with another driver on the roadways, you may also be dealing with a large corporation and their insurance policies. The ride-sharing driver must report any accident to Uber or Lyft immediately, which means that you may be quickly contacted by a representative that may wish to settle your case as soon as possible. Remember that these representatives are not looking out for your best interests, and have a profit motive to minimize financial liability as well as any negative publicity that could result from an accident. Refrain from signing any documents or making any statements until you have an experienced lawyer present to help protect your interests and make sure you don’t inadvertently agree to something that could damage your rights at a later date.