$2,000 Scholarship for Children of Veterans and Active Duty Service Members
Lawlor, White & Murphey Announces Annual Scholarship for Children of Veterans and Active Duty Service Members, Along with Additional Donation to the Vietnam Veterans of America
Lawlor, White & Murphey, a nationally regarded Florida-based personal injury law firm, is pleased to announce an annual scholarship for both current and aspiring college students with a parent that has served their country.
The scholarship will provide students with $2,000 to go toward the costs of tuition or any other related expenses at a college or university of their choice, anywhere in the United States. An additional $1,000 will be donated to the Vietnam Veterans of America, whose mission is to “promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam veterans.”In order to be awarded this scholarship, you must be a current undergraduate or graduate student with a 2.0 GPA and a parent or guardian that is a Veteran or currently a member serving in the United States Military. To apply, students should fill out the form below, and submit a copy of their transcript, 1 letter of recommendation and proof of enrollment to [email protected]
How it Works:
- You fill out the application form below and submit and submit a copy of your transcript, 1 letter of recommendation and proof of enrollment to [email protected] prior to December 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
- We will announce the scholarship winner on or around January 15th, 2020 via our website and social media platforms.
- We then contact the winner to arrange payment in the amount of $2,000 to go toward the costs of tuition or any other school-related expenses.
- We then provide a $1,000 donation directly to the Vietnam Veterans of America!
The deadline for all scholarship applications is 11:59 pm on December 31st, 2019. The winner of the award will be announced on our Facebook page on or around January 15th, 2020.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- You must be the child of an active duty service member or Veteran.
- You must fill out all required fields of the online application form.
- You must currently have a 2.0 GPA.
- You must submit your transcript and 1 letter of recommendation.
- You must provide proof of enrollment.
Terms and Conditions: Eligibility & Application Process
- Eligibility: You must be enrolled at a U.S. college before the scholarship application deadline.
- Selection of Winner: The winner of the scholarship will be determined by our firm’s selection committee.
- Payment of Award: The $2,000 scholarship award will be paid directly to the student and can be used for tuition or any college-related expenses. The additional $1,000 donation will be paid directly to the Vietnam Veterans of America.